Environmental Benefits of REFLECTIVE FLOOR® Architectural Polishing System®
These credits are structured to encourage
the selection of products with minimal adverse Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) Impacts.
- Increased Energy Efficiency: High reflectivity of polished concrete allows a reduction in interior lighting fixtures.
- Sustainability through material reduction/optimization.
- Significantly reduces maintenance and repair work.
- Reduces Energy Consumption: Thermal mass of concrete floors can reduce the cooling & heating loads within a building’s envelope.
- Compliant with multiple LEED v4 Credits – BD+C: NC
- Increased Service Life
- Zero VOC Emissions
- Functional Resilience
REFLECTIVE FLOOR® demonstrates compliance with many GREEN BUILDING STANDARDS.
- LEED v4
- CDPH Standard Method v1.2*
- The WELL Building Standard v1
- Green Guide for Health Care
- SCAQMD Rule 1168, effective July 1, 2005
- SCAQMD Rule 1113, effective June 3, 2011
- Claim ISO Guide 65 Accredited
- ANSI/GBI Green Building Assessment Protocol for Commercial Buildings
- CARB 2007 Suggested Control Measure (SCM) for Architectural Coatings
- ASHRAE/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1 Standard for the Design of High-Performance Building
*California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Standard Method V1.2, 2017 for the Testing and Evaluation of Volatile Organic Chemical Emissions (VOC) from indoor sources, often referred to as California Section 01350
LEED v4 Contributions
- Integrated Process Credit Category*:
- IP Credit 1 – Integrative Process *Could potentially assist with one or possibly all of the available points – ID credit category.
- Energy & Atmosphere:
- EA Credit 1 – Optimize Energy Performance
- Materials & Resources:
- MR Credit 1 – Building Life Cycle Impact Reduction
- MR Credit 4 – Building Product Disclosure and Optimization – Materials Ingredients – Option 1
- Innovation in Design
- ID Credits 1-4 NC & CS: 1-5 Points; Schools
- ID Credit 1 – SCAQMD Rule #1113 Verification
- ID Credit 3 – Materials Minimization/Recyclability
- ID Credit 4 (EQ NC) – Post-Occupancy Survey
DISCLAIMER: This LEED® v4 information for Green Building Design and Construction Green Building Rating System credit(s) references are suggestions &/or credits as to where REFLECTIVE FLOOR® Architectural Polished Concrete Systems® products may apply in earning points for LEED® registered projects. LEED® certification is granted to projects, not products by a panel at the U.S. Green Building Council; however, the products and processes employed on LEED® registered projects impact the achievement of LEED® certification and the level attained. The LEED® applicant is responsible for determining the product attributes that will help provide LEED® certification of a building. Most of the credits are achievable early in the building’s life, while a few, such as Building Reuse and Material Reuse, are long-term sustainability strategies that can pay off later in the building’s life.